The next challenge with Make My Monday starts today, “Red, Green and White” with Silvi as our host. That color combo just cries for a Christmas card, even though I tried to come up with something else! 🙂 This is my first card with the new holiday promotional suite called Christmastime Is Here. The Christmas Rose stamp set is gorgeous! I really think the flower and leaves could be used all year round, don’t you?
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 card started with Crumb Cake card base. Garden Green cardstock was cut to layer underneath Very Vanilla cardstock after it had been embossed in the Tufted embossing folder.
- I had so much fun playing with the large flower image. I actually colored it with various different mediums to see which one I liked most. They all turned out great, so, no matter what your favorite method is, you will love the results you get. The image I am using today is using ink on all of the flower stamps. Once the focal image was colored, it was cropped out with the coordinating die, then Crumb Cake ink was sponged on the edges.
- The coordinating designer paper is great! I cut an 1″ strip and layered it onto Gold Foil paper. Another piece of Gold Foil paper was used to cut the pretty die under the sentiment.
- Soft Suede ink was used to stamp up the sentiment, then cropped it with a die from the set.
- The finishing touch was making a large loopy gold ribbon bow under the sentiment and adding a few gold glitter enamel dots.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Christmas
- Daisy Chain Challenge: Christmas
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9HBNS4EB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: