Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Layer It Up” – showcasing our favorite Designer Series Paper and embellishments. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal. Oh, how I love fun fold cards! My card today will show just how easy they can be. I will provide the dimensions for you so you don’t have anything to worry about! 😉 I have been wanting to use the Brightly Gleaming Suite since I got it – it was first on my list! The Christmas Gleaming bundle – stamp set and 2 punches – is 10% off. (ALERT! Holiday Catalog items are beginning to be sold out! If there is anything in the catalog that you will cry about if you can’t get it, order it now!)
My Secrets to Making This Christmas Gleaming Project
- This fun fold card is basically two cards combined: a large card and a smaller card.
- Large Card:
- Night of Navy Card Base: 4 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ scored at 6 1/4″
- Very Vanilla: 6″ x 4 1/4″ (1) and 3″ x 4 1/4″ (2)
- DSP: 5 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (1) and 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (2)
- Small Card:
- Pretty Peacock Card Base: 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla: 3 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- DSP: 3 1/4″ x 4″
- This A6 fun fold card was assembled with all of the layers from the list above.
- Now, the fun! The ornaments were stamped with VersaMark and the Delicata Copper Pigment Ink. The VersaMark may not have been necessary but I was being cautious. Once it was heat embossed with clear embossing powder, they were both colored with Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends until I was satisfied. Then, they were punched out with their coordinating punches. Easy!
- The sentiment was heat embossed with Night of Navy and clear embossing powder. Then, it was cropped out with the beautiful frame from the Ornate Frames dies.
- The copper foil leaves were attached with glue dots and topped with Pretty Peacock Faceted Dots.
- The inside sentiments were stamped with Pretty Peacock ink. The large one was cropped out with the frame from Beautiful Boughs dies.
- The first ornament I colored didn’t pass the quality test for the front of the card, so I did another. However, I liked it well enough to find a spot on the inside! It was paired with some scrap boughs from another project.
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 11th, for our Retirement Fun Fold Party when our Design Team showcase projects using retiring products from the Holiday Catalog with a fun fold card. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <==YOU ARE HERE
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink