The new Alphabet challenge is sure to get you in your craft room and play along – “Q is for Quick and Simple” The design team’s cards are wonderful, so go take a look for their inspiration and play along. I am plugging away at holiday cards and thought this challenge was perfect for a new stamp set called Memories of Home. That Christmas tree is a great focal point for the quick card!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- Because I made this card from the inside out, the finished card dimensions are 5 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ – largely due to the the shape of the tree. But that’s OK, I can make an envelope!
- This card really was quick and simple! After heat embossing the tree with Pretty Peacock ink and clear embossing powder, I colored the ornaments with Stampin’ Blends and watercolor pencils. Then, it was cropped out with the Spellbinders Fancy Edged Rectangle die.
- After going through the Night Before Christmas 6×6 DSP, the color scheme changed it a bit and I wasn’t sure the Pretty Peacock went that well. Secret: using my Old Olive watercolor pencil, I colored all of the branches, which really helped to tie it in.
- The rest of the card just flew together! A very simple sentiment, cropped with Layering Circle dies, adding Crushed Curry thick baker’s twine and double bow. The finishing touch was adding a rhinestone to the pretty star tree topper!
Product Spotlight: Memories of Home
Non-SU Products Used:
- Spellbinders Fancy Edged Rectangles (S4-905)
- Silver Wink of Stella
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything Goes + A Sentiment
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Christmas/Holidays
- Penny Black and More Challenge: Christmas
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9HBNS4EB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: