Time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope you enjoyed our last one and now it’s time to start the Christmas challenge. It’s that time of year already! This card had lots of versions before ending up with this one LOL! The only thing that remains from the original is the pretty cardinal! Papers changed, orientations changed, you name it, I wasn’t happy with it. But, I got to use the stamp sets that I set out to use, Merry Christmas to All and Christmas Countdown.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 card had so much potential that I couldn’t decide on which way to go! In the end, I went with Cherry Cobbler (not Merry Merlot), Mossy Meadow (not Garden Green) and Very Vanilla (not Crumb Cake – don’t know how that one got it there!).
- Because of my color crisis, that focal sentiment was stamped several times but I really liked the Mossy Meadow the most! Secret: To get the cardinal stamp in the right spot, I actually cut the cardstock first. Then, I returned it to the piece of cardstock I cut it from and stamped the sentiment and cardinal exactly where I wanted them in my Stamparatus! How? I placed a card front sized window sheet over the cardstock and got it positioned exactly right.
- A second cardinal was stamped and colored with colored pencils. The Mistletoe (??) was stamped, colored and fussy cut.
- I added another piece of DSP, wrapped it with baker’s twine, then added a little bow.
- The finishing touch was adding a few red rhinestones to highlight the sentiment.
Product Spotlight: Merry Christmas To All
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Wednesday Challenge: Christmas/Holidays
- The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge: Anything Christmas
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9HBNS4EB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: