The Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today, “Forest Animals”. It’s exactly the challenge I needed to play with my October Paper Pumpkin kit! It’s so wonderful and the perfect backdrop to add the sweet wildlife images from Nature’s Beauty. I love this set and they look like they were meant to be together in this serene scene, don’t you think?
My Secrets to Making This October Paper Pumpkin Project
- This fun fold didn’t turn out exactly how I intended. LOL That happens to me a lot!! The card base was cut at 6″ x 12″.
- Taking 3 of the card bases from the October Paper Pumpkin kit, I cut it in half. Thinking that I wanted to add snow to the background, I mixed Vanilla Craft Ink with water and splattered with my Aqua Pen. I am not good at this technique! I had more splatters on my craft table than my paper! However, it was fun to give it a go. In the end, I don’t know if it looks like snow or stars in a night sky. What do you think??
- The main panel is 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, and the 4 side panels are 1 5/8″ x 5 1/2″
- Once those were all adhered to the card base, I took the tree die cuts from the kit and stamped them with the Birch Stamp set, masking the base off with tape. Then, they were all cut down to fit over the panel.
- The adorable rabbit and deer were stamped in Crumb Cake, then lightly colored with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. They were fussy cut and adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment from the kit was inked onto the banner in Night of Navy ink, then placed over the wood banner. The finishing touch was adding the two little cardinals from the kit for a little color.
Soooo, I have a second card for you BUT it’s really the back of the first one! After I finished the front, I wanted a place to sign the card and love to use the back side with cards like this one. So, I made the middle panel from a beautiful photographic image from the Feels Like Frost DSP. After finishing this middle panel, it just made sense to do the other four! This side was left pretty simple, but you could also add more details if you wish!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge: Anything Christmas Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge: Christmas/Winter
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 9HBNS4EB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: