Are you ready for the next challenge at the Alphabet Challenge? It’s a fun one – “U is for Use Washi Tape” and hosted by Silvi! I haven’t always been a big fan of washi tape but Stampin’ Up! came out with a wonderful one called Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape. The washi tape is shaped like flower petals! Plus – do you see the floral background? That is also washi tape that was adhered to cardstock. If you want to see this Altenew product up close, I have added a link to it at the very bottom of my post. Once the card was put together, the pretty sentiment from Layered With Kindness was added.
My Secrets to Making This Layered with Kindness Project
- This A6 card started with Whisper White Thick Cardstock as the card base. The Merry Merlot was embossed with the Subtles Embossing Folder, then sponged with Memento Black ink before adhering to the card base.
- The Altenew washi tape is 7″ wide. I covered cardstock with it then ran it through the Big Shot to cut it with the Stitched Rectangle die. Then, it was adhered onto the card base.
- The flower was made with the Pressed Petals washi tape by applying each petal onto white cardstock cut into a circle. After a few layers, a Perennial Essence Floral Center that had been colored with the Basic Black Blender Pen was added to the center of the flower.
- Merry Merlot cardstock was cut with the Stitched Nest Label die, then it was embossed with the Scripty embossing folder. Both the scripty text and edges were sponged with Memento Black ink,
- The leaves from Bird Ballad Trinkets was knotted onto the 5/16″Braided Burlap Trim, then wrapped twice around the die before popping it up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- The sentiment was inked up with Merry Merlot and cropped with the coordinating Label Me Lovely Punch, then adhered to the die.
- The last touch was adding the flower from the Bird Ballad Trinkets.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Festive Friday Challenge #50: Inspo List (diecuts, washi tape, stitching)
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All about Occasions
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 47PDFSAB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to:
NON-SU SUPPLIES: Botanical Rhapsody Washi Tape by Altenew