There’s a new challenge at Alphabet Challenge and it’s a doozy – “V is for Vegetables”. I can’t say that I have veggies in my stamp collection but luckily Stampin’ Up! has one called Garden Goodness. It’s apparently controversial whether avocados are a fruit or veggie, but it just doesn’t pass the fruit test to me! 🙂 I don’t create humorous cards for the most part, but my 31st anniversary is coming up next week and wanted something a little fun to give my husband.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 card started with Garden Green cardstock, then the Honey Bee designer paper layered onto Basic Black cardstock.
- Now to the fun! I stamped the avocado only around the edges with Garden Green ink onto Whisper White cardstock (using rock and roll technique – quick video showing technique HERE), then once again on a masking paper, which was fussy cut. The mask covered the first image so that the second image could be stamped next to it and appear like it’s standing behind the first one. TIP: If you want to overlap your stamped images, mask the ones that you want to appear “in front”.
- Once the avocados were stamped, I penciled in the hands and feet then covered the pencil marks with a Sakura black glaze pen. It had arrived in the mail just in the nick of time to make this card! Then, the avocados were colored with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below) and cut out with a large circle die.
- The “Love” sentiment came from the retired Labels To Love stamp set from 2017. It was stamped in Real Red then layered onto Real Red cardstock cut from Fancy Edged Rectangle die (a link to this Spellbinders die can be found at the bottom of this post).
- “We belong together” was computer generated because I couldn’t find a cute sentiment for my avocado couple. I even thought up a few more for the stamp set so I may be making even more fun cards with this stamp set!
- Lastly, this couple looked a little bare so I found the cute retired enamel shapes to add just a little bling.
Product Spotlight: Garden Goodness
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All About Occasions
- Little Red Wagon Challenge: Masculine
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to:
Non-SU Products Used: