It’s the first challenge of the year for the Alphabet Challenge! We are already on the letter “T” so Helen, our host for the challenge, has chosen “Try Something New.” Have you been learning a new technique or fun fold? Better yet, did Santa bring you some great crafty goodies?? It’s time to find some “me” time in the craft room again and, well, try something new! I couldn’t wait to try the Lovely Lily Pad, a new Sale-A-Bration stamp set, which is free with a qualifying order ($50 or more). The coordinating dies are also a Sale-A-Bration item for an additional $100 and the DSP is also free with a qualifying $50 order. Love it!
Do you want to know my strategy for getting these items? All year long I keep a list of staple supplies that I need to order – cardstock, adhesive, inks, etc. I only order them during Sale-A-Bration so I can get the free stuff. And, just imagine if you joined! You would also get the 20% discount!! Nuff said! On to the card…
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 card was so easy to put together! The card base is Pretty Peacock, then I cut the DSP to make layers on top.
- The coolest thing about the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set is that it’s reversible! I have a video to show you what that means and how you use it below.
- I stamped the flower and its reverse, then cut it out with its die. Then, the other flowers were cut from Terracotta Tile and the DSP. The flowers were glued together, with the DSP on top and offset so you can see both layers. The fun strip running under the sentiment was also cut from DSP.
- In the fabulous new January-June Mini Catalog, there is a wonderful bundle that includes some really versatile dies. These are what I used for the sentiment. Once I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock, I cut it out then cut one more from the same DSP used with the flowers.
- Everything was adhered to the front of the card, with the sentiment and the large flower both popped up with dimensionals.
- The finishing touch was using the Champagne rhinestones, which are probably going to find their way onto every card I make! I love them!!
- I made this card for an upcoming birthday but the sentiment is great to have on the front so you can use it for any fun occasion!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Use New Goodies or Old Favorites or Both
- Craft Rocket Challenges: Something New
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Something New
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 47PDFSAB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: