Our next challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is a color challenge, using Blue and White, and I am the host! I hope you will check out the beautiful projects from the design team then play along. They are wonderful! My initial thought with this color challenge was to make a winter card, believe it or not. In looking through my stash of papers, I found the Shimmer Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Paper and that got my card started. This DSP has a shimmer to it that is beautiful on one side and matte on the other. Because the matte side is more white than the shimmer side, I chose that one and added the shimmer with Wink of Stella.
My Secrets to Making This Shimmer Laser Cut Project
- This A6 card was created with Whisper White Thick cardstock. Using Seaside Spray cardstock, it was cut then embossed with Layered Leaves embossing folder. Afterwards, it was adhered to Blueberry Bushel Foil paper from the Noble Peacock Foil pack. These were adhered to the card base.
- I chose the focal image from the Shimmer Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Designer Paper, brushed it with Wink of Stella. Then, I fussy cut the flower from the foil paper, using another flower from the DSP. These were adhered together.
- The circle frame was cut out then adhered to the card base.
- The Seaside Spray Ribbon was adhered as a loopy bow then the flower was popped up with dimensionals over it.
- I cut the Well Written dies once with the foil paper then twice with Seaside Spray cardstock. They were adhered together then glued to the card base.
- The finishing touch was adding a few rhinestones.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Anything Goes
- International Art & Soul Challenge: Monochromatic
- Allsorts Challenge: Say It with Flowers
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 47PDFSAB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: