I am so excited to be hosting the new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters, where we are looking for cards saying “Thinking of You – please use this sentiment on your card.” My new year’s resolution is to start sending more cards and this sentiment will be perfect for all of us to have a card on hand at a moment’s notice. Everyone enjoys happy mail, so make your list of family and friends that would enjoy a handmade card throughout the year. My card today was made with a brand new stamp set, Breathtaking Bouquet from the new January-June Mini Catalog. It’s gorgeous, right? You can use it as a background stamp, no need to color, or just color parts of it as a focal point. The creativity will be endless with this great stamp set!
My Secrets to Making This Breathtaking Bouquet Project
- This A6 sized card was quite easy to make! If you are intimidated or just not interested in coloring the background stamp with Stampin’ Blends – or whatever coloring method you like – here is a quick and fun way to do it. Blender brushes from Taylored Expressions get wonderful results! If you don’t want to use those, then stampin’ daubers would also work and I will provide a link for those at the bottom of this post, as well.
- I started by stamping and heat embossing the stamped image with copper embossing powder. Then, using Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, So Saffron inks, the blender brush was used to apply each color. I really didn’t try to be that careful. Once satisfied, I fussy cut the edges and mounted onto Whisper White cardstock.
- Before adhering to the Petal Pink card base, I wrapped the layer with 5/8″ Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon and 3/8″ Scalloped lace trim.
- I decided that the flowers needed some dimension so I repeated the process for the center flower, fussy cut it out, and popped up with dimensionals.
- The sentiment from Woven Heirlooms was stamped and heat embossed with copper embossing powder, then cropped out with the Stitched Rectangle dies. Then, it was layered onto Copper foil.
- The finishing touch was adding (my new favorite) Champagne rhinestones to the ribbon and some Leaves Trinkets, since cards always need a little bling, right?
Product Spotlight: Breathtaking Bouquet
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge: Something New
- Get Creative Challenge: Something New (#1)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Something New
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 47PDFSAB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: