Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because it’s “Time to Sale-A-Brate”! We’re showcasing our favorite new products from 2020 Sale-A-Bration brochure. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal. The Happy Birthday To You Sale-A-Bration stamp set is such a lovely set and can be used for anyone on your list. In addition, the wonderful Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper is such a bright and festive paper to use. Each of these items are free with a qualifying order!
Is there any better way to start a new year than getting free stamping stuff?? I look forward to seeing the fun new products that Stampin’ Up! offers for Sale-A-Bration and they never disappoint. What Sale-A-Bration item is YOUR favorite??
My Secrets to Making This Happy Birthday To You Project
- This A6 card shows off the great cake from the Happy Birthday To You stamp set. It was heat embossed in Shimmer White Emboss Powder. Then, I colored the cake with Stampin’ Blends (colors used are at the end of my post). I did have a mishap with Gorgeous Grape ink later on the cardmaking process but that’s OK – I just fussy cut the cake out! I like the dimension it gave the card, don’t you?
- The card base was made with Whisper White 12×12 cardstock, cut at 4 1/2″ and scored at 6″ to give the final card size of 4 1/2″ x 6″. The DSP’s were cut and layered on top of the card base. I used the GG DSP and embossed it in the Hammered Metal embossing folder, then layered the cake on top of the new Stitched So Sweetly die (largest size). Finally, that was adhered to more DSP that had been cut to size.
- The sentiment is also from Happy Birthday To You, which was inked up with Melon Mambo. Then, it was cropped out with another die from the Stitched So Sweetly collection. (These dies will be very popular so I expect them to be backordered pretty quickly.) The sentiment and Flax Ribbon were adhered to the card base.
- The finishing touch was coloring a few of the Noble Peacock rhinestones with the Melon Mambo Stampin’ Blends to get a deeper color and adhered to the card.
- You may not know this about me but I have a Vera Bradley addiction. I just love the beautiful patterns they make!! It occurred to me that the Lily Impressions patterns looked like something right off the Very Bradley website.
- I made the purse flap from the Stitched So Sweetly dies, scored in half and one side adhered. Then, the purse straps were adhered. I made a pocket and adhered that as well.
- Once the purse was assembled, I stamped and colored the flowers from Dressed To Impress. Then, they were fussy cut and popped up with dimensionals.
- The sentiment from A Good Man was inked with Melon Mambo and cropped with the Stitched Rectangle die. I only put adhesive on the bottom half so that the flap of the purse could be tucked behind it.
- Melon Mambo colored rhinestones for the absolutely necessary bling were added and this purse was finished and ready for a gift card and little “sumthin sumthin” to celebrate any occasion.
Product Spotlight: Happy Birthday To You
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 12th, for our Art From The Heart blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects made from the heart for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at Lucky Dog Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose