Caz is the host for our first challenge of the year at Make My Monday and she has chosen “Anything But Square.” Fun, right? I had bought the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Belgian Collection Dies quite a while back so thought it was high time to break those beauties out! Once I had the card ready to assemble, I thought this card would make a great sympathy card (my most difficult card to make), so the beautiful sentiment from Woven Heirlooms was heat embossed in copper embossing powder.
My Secrets to Making This Woven Heirlooms Project
- First, I just cut out the largest die (which is the outline, not the one with intricate cuts) in Very Vanilla twice for the front and back of the card.
- Then Copper Foil Sheets cardstock was cut out with the same outline die.
- The intricate die was used to cut two pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock, then one of them was used to cut the center out with the smaller outline die.
- Taking the Very Vanilla piece with the intricate cuts, I heat embossed the sentiment with copper embossing powder.
- The new Petal Pink 1/4″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon was used to make a loopy bow (no knots!), secured into place with glue dots. The small flower from Free As A Bird was stamped and heat embossed with copper embossing powder. The edges were curled up before adhering with a glue dot.
- The finished touch was adding the Champagne Rhinestones to the flower’s center and around the the corners of the card.
Inside of the Card
Are you wondering how the card opens? All I did was score the back piece of cardstock at 1/4″ and used Tear n’ Tape to adhere it to the front panel.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code 47PDFSAB when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: