It’s time for a new challenge at Make My Monday and the theme is perfect for February – “I Heart You”. I’m sure that you are thinking about (or already working) on your Valentine projects! My family really doesn’t celebrate it but making cards for my husband and kids are fun. My card today is for my husband, mixing some Stampin’ Up! products from the Meant To Be stamp set, Detailed Bee dies and the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies designer paper.
My Secrets to Making This Meant To Be Project
- This A6 card started with Thick Whisper White cardstock, then layers of Peaceful Poppies DSP on Basic Black. They were wrapped with Poppy Parade baker’s Twine, then adhered to the card base.
- See the sentiment?? I thought it would be fun to add an extra “e” and pair it with the bee dies. The Stamparatus made this so much easier! Stamp, move it over, then stamp again onto the image with a window sheet over the image to protect it. It took me a few tries but once I nailed it, I just removed the window sheet and stamped onto the image.
- Once the image was stamped, the heart die was used to cut it out. Then the stitched heart cut from Black cardstock was layered underneath.
- The January Paper Pumpkin kit was so great! I used the whole thing!! The “Happy Valentine’s Day” stamp was stamped onto Poppy Parade cardstock then cut with a heart die.
- I used three Heart Doilies and staggered them so that the color showed through the cut-outs. Then, the sentiment was stamped onto the white side of the top doily.
- The two bees were cut out – the large one is the actual die and the small one is from the Honey Bee Specialty DSP, then popped up with a dimensional.
- Black Rhinestones were added to the bees and the heart. The finishing touch was adding a mini tassel to the baker’s twine bow.
Product Spotlight: Meant To Be
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Festive Friday Challenge: Hearts, Red, Doilies
- Die Cut Divas Challenge: Hearts and Flowers
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Love/Romance
- The Paper Players Challenge: Love is in the Air
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: