It’s time for a new challenge at Make My Monday and I get to host the “Critter” theme! Fun, right?! I just ordered the Bonanza Buddies suite so it was perfect timing! I am currently wanting to play with some new techniques (for me!) so I pulled out the retired Sliding Stars dies that I had recently found when organizing my dies collection. And, if you are a follower of mine, you will want to come back to my blog on Thursday when I post another card with this bundle, using a fun fold you will really love!
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6-ish spinner card came together much easier than I thought it would! The first step was to cut the 12″x12″ cardstock to 4 1/2″ x 12″ and score at 6″.
- Then, the layers were cut:
- Whisper White: 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″
- DSP: 4 1/8″ x 5 5/8″
- These layers were adhered together and run through my die cutting machine with the large circle spinner die. Add dimensionals to both the inner circle and large rectangle layer. TIP: Be careful not to add any dimensionals where the spinner element could hit. Now, adhere the rectangle piece to the card base.
- The inner circle can be added. TIP: Use the leftover cut out circle to guide where you put the inner circle so the spinner element can run all the way around the circle freely.
- The Spinner itself is easily made by layering a penny/washer, a round dimensional and either another penny or a small washer (which is what I used so it didn’t show up behind the image).
- My adorable toucans were cut directly from the designer paper! No stamping at all – it really doesn’t get easier than that, folks! The designer paper is on the thicker side so it works great for the spinner. Then, I fussy cut one of the other toucans that was facing in the opposite direction and glued it down, making sure it didn’t impede the spinner.
- Now that the basics were laid down, I was able to add whatever I wanted. I added two banners, as well as the sentiment that fit perfectly in the middle and cut with a retired Bitty Banner.
Product Spotlight: Bonanza Buddies Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
- Happy Little Stampers Challenge with Dies: Anything Goes
- Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge: Anything Goes 4 Kids
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Birthday Boys
- AAA Birthday Challenge: Cute
- Always Fun Challenge: Animals
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: