Welcome with another challenge at Cardz 4 Galz! Oh, this one is sure to make you run to your craft room and play along – “Shoes” and hosted by Caz. FUN! I don’t have a ton of shoe stamps (I long gave up the idea of wearing “fun” shoes due to my arthritis) but I have plenty of friends – and a daughter – who just love them. I received the Dressed To Impress stamp set at our recent Stampin’ Up! event so this was a great opportunity to use it again. If you follow me even a little, you might notice that I have been enjoying fun fold cards lately and promise to do more of them in the future. If you don’t follow me yet, please do so you can be notified of my blog posts! For inspiration, you can always go to my Fun Fold Gallery on the top Menu.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This fun fold card measures 3 3/4″ x 6″ when folded flat. Instead of writing measurements, I have taken a photo of the prototype. I want to give credit to the Taylored Expressions Display Easel dies that I just bought. After cutting the cardstock, I decided to cut off the top flap and bottom flap on one of the sides, add another score to make the bottom fold on the other side to make for mailing.
- Once the base was done, I cut the layers for the front of the card:
- Purple Posy cardstock: 5 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
- DSP: 5 1/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Three pairs of shoes were fussy cut from the Best Dressed 6×6 DSP. The die was cut from the die collection and mounted to the background layers. Shoes were then attached, adding a dimensional to the top shoe to give it some dimension.
- Next, I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and Highland Heather ink then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. It was then cut with the Stitched Square die and mounted on a Highland Heather Scallop Square die.
- A few scattered Share What You Love Artisan Pearls were added for just the right touch of bling!
- Another patterned paper was added to Purple Posy cardstock (same size as above)
- The shoes were stamped and colored with Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends markers and cropped with the coordinating die.
- The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark and Highland Heather then heat embossed once again with clear embossing powder. I cropped it with a square die, then cut Highland Heather cardstock with the Stained Glass die and glued it into place over the sentiment.
Product Spotlight: Dressed To Impress Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Add a Sentiment
- Allsorts Challenge: Make It Girly
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to:
Non-SU Products: Taylored Expressions Display Easel