Welcome to the new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters! We enjoyed our tea [challenge] and now it’s time to play with our beautiful designer papers! It took me a while when I first started stamping to feel comfortable using them, but now I can’t imagine making a card without them. They can give a theme, colors, and textures – all while providing a wonderful backdrop for the focal image. My only problem for this card was which one to use! The Magnolia Lane DSP is gorgeous and made the background I was really looking for to make an elegant birthday card with the Happy Birthday to You Sale-A-Bration stamp set (free with a $50 order!) and its coordinating Birthday dies, from the new Product Coordination Release. Hope you will go through your stash of beautiful designer papers and show them some love with us!
My Secrets to Making This Happy Birthday to You Project
- My A6 card started with Basic Black 12×12 cardstock, cut to 4 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 4″ and 10″ on the 12″ side.
- Two pieces of DSP were cropped for the card front.
- One at 3 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- I adhered them to the front after tying a pretty bow out of the Petal Pink ribbon.
- Then, I used Petal Pink cardstock with the Nature’s Thoughts rectangle die. Love the beautiful detailing along the edges!
- Whisper White cardstock, cut with a stitched oval die, was the perfect background for the cake.
- Now, the Happy Birthday to You cake! Using Memento Black ink, I colored it with Stampin’ Blends (all listed below). I wasn’t quite happy with the cake – it just didn’t wow me yet. So, I decided to restamp the cake right over the colored image with black ink, VersaMark and clear embossing powder. THAT did it! My Stamparatus made this super easy to do, too! I liked it so much that I made another cake exactly like it and cropped out the flowers with the coordinating dies, which was the perfect touch for this card.
- Three leaf branches from the Birthday dies were cropped and adhered under the oval piece.
- The sentiment from Butterfly Wishes was stamped and heat embossed the same way as above, then cropped with the pretty die from Ornate Frames.
- The finishing touch was adding the black rhinestones around the cake.
Product Spotlight: Happy Birthday to You
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Embossing (heat embossed the cake and sentiment)
- Happy Little Stampers with Dies Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: