The next challenge at the Alphabet Challenge is one you have no excuse not to play. It’s “W is for Anything You Wish.” Fun, right?! I posted a fun shadow box card on Wednesday with the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies products, so I could not resist playing with them some more. This designer paper is wonderful!! I usually like my sentiments to be on the larger side, but this time the paper needed to be the focal point, so Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set had just the right size for my card.
My Secrets to Making This Itty Bitty Birthdays Project
Card Base and Background
- This card base is 6″ square of Blackberry Bliss cardstock (12″x6″ and scored at 6″). Poppy Parade was cut to 5 3/4″ and adhered to the cardstock.
- This paper needed something special like the triple layer technique but I didn’t want to add the cardstock layer – the paper was just too pretty! So, I cut the DSP and with my old Square dies, then cut twice with the same size from Blackberry Bliss. I did this same step with the smaller square. The cardstock pops the DSP up just enough to give it some dimension.
Peaceful Poppy Details
- The poppy was cut from more DSP and Poppy Parade cardstock. They are made to fit together but I wanted the outline to be off just a little for a little fun detail. Then, the leaves were cut from Mossy Meadow and Old Olive cardstock.
- The flax ribbon and Poppy Parade baker’s twine were adhered to the layers of DSP and cardstock, tying the baker’s twine into a simple bow with a retired mini tassel.
- Itty Bitty Birthdays had the best sized sentiment! I inked it up with Blackberry Bliss ink and cropped it out with the Ornate Frame die. The Itty Bitty Birthdays fonts and all of the great sentiments make this a great stamp set to hold onto.
- The “friend” die from Well Written was cut twice with Blackberry Bliss and Poppy Parade, glued together then to the card itself, making sure not to add glue to the last couple of letters.
- Every card should have a little bling so I added some rhinestones, enamel shapes and lastly, Clear Wink of Stella to bring a little shimmer to the poppy outline and “friend.” It’s so pretty IRL!
Product Spotlight: Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Festive Friday Challenge (Bright Colors, Rhinestones, Ribbon)
- The House that Stamps Built Challenge: Tic-Tac-Toe (Dimension, Shimmer, Hearts)
- Craft Rocket Challenge: Buttons and Bows
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: