We have a tea-rrific new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters and would love for you to play along – “Tea Party” hosted by Vickie. I love collecting tea stamps, but I don’t drink it too often. It tends to make me nauseous (TMI??). I brought them all out and came up with this card using the Parisian Blossoms specialty designer paper and a couple of stamp sets, Tea Together and Tea Shoppe. My favorite part of this card is how the Stylish Scroll embossing folder almost matches the pattern in the designer paper!
My Secrets to Making This Tea Together Project
- This A6 card starts with Whisper White Thick cardstock, cut to 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″ on the 9″ side. This is my favorite size for cards!
- Petal Pink cardstock was cut to 5 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ and embossed with the Stylish Scroll embossing folder. Afterwards, I lightly brushed it with the Golden Glitz Metallic Ink Pad over the raised areas. I sure wish you could really see how pretty it is! Then, it was adhered to the Gold Foil (6″ x 4 1/4″).
- The teapot and tea cups were stamped onto the pretty Parisian Blossoms DSP with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Then, they were cropped out with their coordinating dies.
- A tea party needs a pretty doily, don’t you think? I really had to deep dig into my die collection to find this Doily Builder beauty, which looks great in Gold Foil.
- The sentiment from Tea Shoppe (now retired) was heat embossed with gold embossing powder, cut with the layering ovals die and layered onto gold foil that was cut with a coordinating scallop oval die.
- My favorite part of a card is always figuring out the pretty little touches! Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon was cut and adhered with glue dots into what I call a loopy bow (no knots). One gold faceted gem was added to the center. Just a couple of gold enamel dots were added to the doily.
- So, who’s ready for a cup of tea??
Product Spotlight: Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: