Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because this month’s theme is “Art from the Heart” and we think you’re going to love it! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love shadow box cards! There is just something very special about this fun fold, don’t you think? I hadn’t made one in a long time so today’s the day! The Peaceful Moments bundle is absolutely stunning and thought that marrying this bundle with the fun fold would be a win-win for both.
My Secrets to Making This Peaceful Moments Project
- Here is a great shadow box tutorial by Jennifer McGuire. My dimensions are different because my card has A6 dimensions (4 1/2″ x 6 1/4″). In order to make the shadow box, I cut my front and back cardstock at 6 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ and scored the 6 1/2″ side at 1/2″ and 1″ on both sides of both layers of cardstock. Make sure you use your bone folder on the folds!
Front of the Card
- I used the beautiful Peaceful Poppies DSP and cut it to 5 7/8″ x 4 1/8″, then cut the Black Foil to layer underneath. Ovals dies cut the window into the inside. Then, I cut a scallop oval from Black Foil to frame the opening.
- The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with black ink and clear embossing powder. This is my favorite way to heat emboss so I don’t have to worry about stray powder! Finally, it was cut with a Stitched Rectangle die and layered onto Poppy Parade cardstock.
- The pretty poppy was cut from Poppy Parade and Black Foil.
- Rhinestone jewels were added for more bling!
Inside of the Card
- This is the easy part of this card! I heat embossed the sweet poppy image and the Happy Birthday sentiment with black ink and clear embossing powder. I chose not to color it but it would be pretty colored as well.
- They were cropped with a large Stitched Rectangle die for a nice finished edge.
Back of the Card
- My philosophy: Don’t ever leave an unfinished side on your cards! The back is a wonderful place to add a personal note. I made a pocket with the DSP backed with Black Foil.
- The tag is Black Foil with the top edges punched with the Detailed Trip punch. Love this punch!
- The sentiment was stamped with Black Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, it was cropped out with the Stitched Rectangle dies. I love these dies and they sure get a workout from me!
- The finishing touch was adding the delicate Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon, tied into a bow with just a few rhinestones added.
- I decided to add Poppy Parade to the back of the card that was cut with the largest Stitched Rectangle die. The pocket was adhered with a very thin tear & tape but use whatever you feel comfortable with.
Once ALL of the sides were completed, I added Tombow glue to the flaps on both sides so I could make sure they were exactly where I wanted them. Let them dry before you do anything else to the card.
Product Spotlight: Peaceful Moments Bundle
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 11th, for our “Critter Card” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects with animals, birds, butterflies or insects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<< YOU ARE HERE
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art