Happy Friday! Don’t you just love them? Friday is my day to unwind from the week plus decide the best way to spend the weekend! Need any crafting inspiration to get you going? I just added a fun page to my blog – 3D Projects & Fun Fold Cards. It’s a photo gallery of my special fun fold cards and 3D projects. When you click on the photo, it will take you to the post where you will get more information and photos. I hope you find it useful! To kickstart Fun Fold Friday, I made a Pop-Up Diorama birthday card, using Bonanza Buddies bundle. You can find a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers HERE. The instructions for my card are below.
My Secrets to Making This Pop-Up Diorama Project
- This Pop-Up Diorama card measures 4″ x 5 1/2″ when closed – perfect for mailing!
- Score your card base cardstock, (12″ x 5 1/2″) at: 4″, 7 1/2″, 8″ and 11 1/2″. Use your bone folder to give all of the folds a good workout!
- Whisper White Layer: 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Layer: 3 3/8″ x 5 1/8″ (I gave the edges a light dusting of Terracotta Tile ink)
- The tag was cut with the Bonanza Die. The ribbon and linen thread were cut and ties at the top and the ribbon was glued at the bottom.
- The Happy Birthday stamp, stamped in Black Tuxedo ink, was cropped with the Stitched Circle die, then popped up with dimensionals. The tag was popped up with dimensionals onto the card front.
- Now, the adorable lion was SO easy because it was cut out from the DSP with the coordinating dies. I paper pieced it together and popped it up with dimensionals.
- Do you remember that Foil Paper? It was part of Sale-A-Bration and it was perfect for this card! I cut both banners with it and adhered it with liquid glue.
- The finishing touch was adding the Party Animal balloon and sequins.
- I love this DSP! Those balloons are the most festive I have seen.
- DSP: 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (3)
- The tag was cut from the die and threaded with linen thread
- The sentiment was stamped in Black Stazon ink onto Window Sheet that was cut to 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4.”
- The animals were cut directly from the DSP with their coordinating dies and adhered to the card.
Product Spotlight: Birthday Bonanza DSP
Want to see the DSP a little closer? Watch this video!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery and 3D Projects and Fun Fold Cards for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: