The Alphabet Challenge has a great new challenge starting today – “Y is for Youth” and hosted by Dawn. We all have kids on our lists of cards that need to be made, right? I hope our challenge will get you into your craft room to create the perfect card for her/him. Need inspiration? Our design team has some that you are sure to love! My card started with a wonderful stamp set for kids, “Stargazing.” I have a stargazer in my life so this card will be perfect for him.
My Secrets to Making This Stargazing Project
- This A6 card started by cutting Night of Navy cardstock at 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scoring at 4 1/2.”
- Whisper White cardstock – 4 1/4″ x 6″
- DSP – 4 1/8″ x 5 7/8″
- I stamped the cute kid image from Silhouette Scenes in black ink and fussy cut it out.
- The galaxy stamp was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed in white emboss powder.
- Then, the moon and stars, punched from the Twinkle Builder Punch was added to the DSP.
- I used the die from Friendly Silhouettes on black cardstock, snipped off the palm trees (I didn’t want the kid to be taller than the trees! LOL) and cut to size. Then, it was adhered to the DSP.
- The sentiments were both stamped in black ink and cut with Stitched Rectangle dies.
- I am going to share a secret. My original idea was to splatter white acrylic paint onto the DSP to look like stars. I have confessed before that I am a terrible splatterer and this attempt was no different! LOL So, I let it dry and then used the side with very little splatters on the front. When it came to doing the inside, I went ahead and used the other side of the DSP because the large sentiment layer covered up the huge splats. You may have noticed the smaller ones so I wanted you to know that it’s not your computer screen! 😉 If you have any tips on splatters, please leave them for me in a comment!
Product Spotlight: Stargazing Stamp Set
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Time Out Challenge: Birthday (Used the Twist of Die cutting and fussy cutting)
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All About Occasions
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: