We have started a new challenge at the Alphabet Challenge. I really love it! Caz is our host and she chose “Z is for Zoo Animals.” This theme made me think of making a birthday card for a child. Since I hadn’t made a “card in a box” in quite a while, I thought this would be a great time to use that style with two current bundles – Bonanza Buddies and Animal Outing. I feel kinda guilty that all of these adorable animals are from the coordinating designer papers but does it make sense to stamp them when these are all ready to go??
My Secrets to Making This Card in a Box Project
- This card started with Whisper White 12″x12″ cardstock, cut 4 1/2″ x 12.” Then, it was scored at 1/2,” 1 3/4,” 6 1/4,” and 7 1/2″ on the long side and 2 3/4″ on the short side. Each score line was cut from the top to the score line (see photo). I love that this card folds up easily and measures 5 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ to fit easily into an A6 envelope for mailing.
- Designer Paper for bottom section:
- 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- 2 1/2″ x 1″ (2)
- 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ (back side)
- 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (this is the middle area of the box to attach the second layer of animals)
- Designer Paper for flaps:
- Front: 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ (2)
- Sides: 1″ x 1 1/2″ (2)
- After constructing the card base and adhering the designer paper to all of the sides, the rest of the card was so quick and easy! I chose the Birthday Bonanza and the retired Animal Expedition designer paper animals and cut them out with their coordinating dies. I also cut them again a second time with Whisper white cardstock to make them look nicer. The animals were adhered together with a small piece of window sheet in the middle of each animal to adhere them in place.
- The grass die from the retired Basket Builder dies, cut with Mossy Meadow cardstock, was adhered to the card base.
- For the sentiment in the front, I stamped it in Mossy Meadow ink and cut it out with the Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die. (You might notice that I did it twice. After adhering the first one, I felt like it needed some dimension so I restamped and cut it. I attached some retired Mossy Meadow ribbon over the first one and popped the second one up with dimensions.)
- For the back, I cut Whisper White cardstock with the tag die from Birthday Bonanza dies, tied a bow with the Mossy Meadow baker’s twine then adhered it. The little koala was popped up with dimensionals.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: All About Occasions
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
- Challenge Up Your Life Challenge: Fun Folds
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: