Hope you are all doing well and staying safe, my friends! We have a new challenge at Make My Monday, “Make Your Own Background” and Silvi is our host. She doesn’t want any designer paper on your cards for this challenge! I have an addiction to designer papers so this was indeed a challenge for me. But, no worries – there are lots of ways to create a card without it! After a little thinking, I decided to use a background stamp. Once I made that decision, I knew that I had to use Breathtaking Bouquet again. It’s beautiful and doesn’t have to be colored any more than you want. I just colored the flowers in the middle with my Stampin’ Blends and love how it turned out. Once I finished that, it was ready for a great big sentiment (my favorite kind!) from the Seriously The Best stamp set.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A6 sized card started with stamping and heat embossing Breathtaking Bouquet stamp onto Whisper White cardstock, using my Stamparatus (more on why I did this in the next step). Once the Silver embossing powder was all set, I randomly chose and colored the flowers (colors listed below).
- Once it was done, I heat embossed it again with the silver embossing powder. Why, you ask? I am so glad you asked! First, the Stampin’ Blends can take the pretty shimmer off of the set embossing powder. Not everywhere, but it can dull it. Second, I just love doing two layers of embossing powder because it really stands out and intensifies the color. This is why it’s important to have the Stamparatus! This would be next to impossible to do without it.
- I found the Whisper White frame in my stash and it was the perfect size, so all I had to do was trim the stamped cardstock to layer underneath it. Then, I layered those two onto Silver Foil cardstock.
- I played around with colors for the card base and liked So Saffron underneath the layers best with Highland Heather for the card base. This is a color I like in the purple family and don’t use it much. I always wonder why after I made a card with it!
- I rummaged through my ribbons a bit and found the Organdy Ribbon from last year’s SAB. Perfect!
- The finishing touch was adding just a few rhinestones. This card was really quick and easy so I hope you will give it a go!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Spring
- Time Out Challenges: Purple
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: