Welcome to our new challenge over at Make My Monday! Caz is our host and it’s time to play with your pink inks, and papers. I’m not much of a pink girl but absolutely love Stampin’ Up!’s Petal Pink! You may notice my obsession because I use it all the time! I went through my designer papers and decided on Bird Ballad DSP. It’s perfect for the coming Spring season, don’t you think? Then, I pulled the coordinating stamp set, Free As A Bird, for the sentiment and little flower accent.
My Secrets to Making This Free As A Bird Project
- This A6 thank you card came together very fast and easy – my favorite kind! Cutting the Whisper White Thick cardstock to 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″ was the first step.
- The Petal Pink cardstock was then cut to 6″ x 4 1/4″ and dry embossed in the Subtle embossing folder.
- Background DSP layer:
- Whisper White: 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- DSP: 3 5/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Focal DSP Layer: I cut this layer out in the new Nature’s Thoughts Rectangle die. I just love the sweet edging on it so expect me to use this one – a lot! Once it was cut, I cut out the sweet bird that was in the middle of the rectangle with an oval die. Then, I cut a scalloped oval in Whisper White to layer it underneath. Whisper White was also used to layer underneath the rectangle.
- The sentiment from Free As A Bird was inked up in Soft Suede ink and cut out with the little rectangle in Stitched So Sweetly dies. The flower and leaves were also stamped in Soft Suede and colored with Stampin’ Blends, then fussy cut.
- The ribbons were adhered to the background layer before it was attached to the card base.
- The focal layers were all attached and a bow attached with a glue dot.
- The finishing touch are the wonderful champagne rhinestones.
Product Spotlight: Bird Ballad DSP
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Animals/Birds
- Gem of a Challenge: Anything Goes
- Cut It Up Challenge: Favorite Color (Petal Pink!)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code J2PT6CCX when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: