Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Many of the design team members are offering “Mystery Blog Candy” of their choice to 1 lucky winner. To play along, just leave a comment on as many blog posts as desired. A random winner will be announced on a subsequent blog post by each participating design team member. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I bet you don’t know how much I love all “critters.” The Butterfly Gala stamp set and Butterfly Beauty dies are wonderful and they needed to come off the shelf once again. I really like the Perennial Essence designer paper which is really fabulous so I wanted to see how they would look together. My fun fold card today is easy to make! You might remember that I made another card last September in the same style.
My Secrets to Making This Butterfly Gala Project
- This card was really easy to do! Its card base dimensions are 6″ square. I cut out the middle of the card front (cut at 2″ and 4″) and used the leftover piece on the inside. The Petal Pink was cut at 1 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ four times (two on the front and two on the inside) and the DSP was cut at 1 5/8″ x 5 5/8″ twice.
- To give the front piece a little more stability, I adhered a 6″ square piece of Window Sheet to the inside of the card and covered the adhesive on the inside with cardstock.
- For the butterfly, I used the Butterfly Beauty dies to cut Petal Pink and Blackberry Bliss cardstocks then glued them together. This piece was adhered to the card front.
- Then, I decided that this card needed even more butterflies! So, I inked up the butterfly outline stamp from Butterfly Gala in Blackberry Bliss, filled in the butterflies with the coordinating stamp in Petal Pink and cut them out with the Butterfly Duet Punch. Easy!
- The Whisper White cardstock was cut to 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Using the Stamparatus, it was very fast to find the exact spot to place the sentiment.
- I added the butterfly to the inside just for a little interest. You can add your own handwritten sentiments to the bottom without fear that it will show through when the card is closed.
Product Spotlight: Butterfly Gala Stamp Set
Before You Go!
BLOG CANDY will be awarded to one lucky winner (Sorry, USA only!) this Friday, March 13th. All you have to do to enter is add a comment to this post by Friday at 9 AM! If you are chosen, you have till Sunday at noon (EDT) to respond by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your US mailing address.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Click Links to:
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020