Welcome to the next challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz. You should love this one – “Spring Flowers” and hosted by Sue. It’s looks to me that Spring could indeed arrive in Michigan so I really enjoyed making this card! I made this Double Easel card with the new Under My Umbrella stamp set and its coordinating Umbrella Builder punch from Stampin’ Up!. The designer paper is new and just lovely for this card, because it coordinates with all of the new punches – Tulip Builder, Umbrella Builder and the Small Bloom punches.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- I have made this fun fold before but I don’t think that it was completely A6 card dimensions. Here are the dimensions for this card:
- Card Base 1: 12″ x 4 1/2″ and scored at 6″
- Card Base 2: 4 1/4″ x 11 7/16″ and scored at 5 3/4″ and 8 5/8″
- DSP 1: 4 1/16″ x 5 7/16″
- DSP2: 4 1/16″ x 2 11/16″
- Once the card base was made and adhered together, the rest was easy! For the focal panel, I cut out 2 pieces of Whisper White with the Stitched So Sweetly die and adhered them together. The sentiment was stamped in the middle of the panel. Tip: The adhesive was applied to the card base and not the panel to make sure it was applied in the right place.
- I used my Umbrella punch to cut out the pretty umbrella in the DSP. Then, I stamped the umbrella handle in Blushing Bride and VersaMark, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder and punched out.
- Next, I punched out several flowers and adhered them to the panel with glue dots and a few with dimensionals.
- The Finishing Touch was adding black rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and a few Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes.
Product Spotlight: Under My Umbrella Bundle
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge: Fun Folds
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Spring
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Spring Florals
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: