We have a fun new challenge for you at the Sisterhood of Crafters and I am the host! I chose our theme to be for “Kids.” I know you will have fun making one. Kid cards are great to make right now and I’m sure you know one that would love getting it! So, forget your troubles and find the cutest stamp you got and make one for us, OK? I have made quite a few lately but really wanted to make another card with the Little Ladybug stamp set, which was a host gift during Sale-A-Bration. Unfortunately, it’s no longer available! It’s definitely one of my favorites and having the coordinating dies makes it a real keeper in my stash.
My Secrets to Making This Little Ladybug Project
- This A6 Little Ladybug card was lots of fun and very easy to make, thanks to the matching dies – no fussy cutting at all! I started with Pretty Peacock cardstock cut at 9″ x 6 1/4″ then scored at 4 1/2.”
- A layer of Mint Macaron, topped with the fun Best Dressed 6×6 designer paper that was cut, dry embossed with the Tufted embossing folder, then both were adhered to the card base.
- Now, for the best part! I stamped then colored the flower and ladybugs – nothing fancy! After that, they were cut out with their dies. The flower was cut out two more times with Whisper White cardstock to give it some nice dimension. I really like the small grass dies so cut out two of those as well.
- Whisper White cardstock made a great backdrop for my little ladybugs! I cut it out with the Nature’s Thoughts die, then trimmed the outer edge with the Pretty Peacock Scalloped Ribbon Trim before popping it up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- Ladybugs and flower were put in place, then a little bow from the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon was added for a sweet little detail.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Bugs, Blossoms, and/or Butterflies
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Things with Wings
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with a Critter
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room and stay safe!
Click Links to: