Hello! What are you doing with your time at home? In between cleaning and sterilizing like a crazy lady, I am spending lots of time in my craft room. We have a fun challenge for you at Cardz 4 Galz, “Use a Kite” and hosted by Misti. I am always happy to find fun items like kites in my retired stamp stash. This one is from the Swirly Bird stamp set and used a bunch more stamp sets to make this sweet scene. The sentiment is from Peaceful Moments, which has wonderful sentiments for many occasions. I love this sentiment to help us remember the joyful moments of childhood.
My Secrets to Making This Project
- This A2 size card was a quick make! Starting with Crushed Curry for the card base, I then added a layer of Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Now, I was able to cut a lay of Whisper White cardstock and started my scene. First, I stamped the mountains (Mountain Air) and then turned the paper around to stamp it at the bottom (no mountains).
- I stamped the girl image in Tuxedo black ink and the sun was stamped from the swirl stamp in Swirly Bird with Crushed Curry ink. Then, I sponged very lightly in the center.
- The kite was stamped with Balmy Blue and Crushed Curry inks, then fussy cut.
- I wanted a little more life in the card so I found a bird from Wherever You Go to stamp in black ink.
- The sentiment from Peaceful Moments was stamped in Balmy Blue and cropped with the great die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- The finishing touch was adding some baker’s twine and Old Olive enamel dots (both are retired).
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Everybody-Art-Challenge: Kids
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge: Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Under the Sun, Moon and Stars
- Allsorts Challenge: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue (old stamp sets and embellishment, new stamp sets, blue ink and paper)
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: