Well, April is over and May is here! I’m sure there are many of you who are ready to get your life back, but this quarantine brought my daughter back home! I’m not going to complain one bit. Sarah is a “foodie” and, when she isn’t studying, she loves to bake. Here is a photo of her Cardamom Rolls. They were wonderful!! If you would like the recipe, just leave me a comment.
This time of year is always bittersweet to me – saying goodbye to both the Annual and Mini Catalogs! Although it’s always sad to see some favorites go, Stampin’ Up! knows how to soften the blow. When you join, you get to see the new catalog early, which gets you motivated to make room for all of the incredible new stuff! So, I am here to tell you that you are going to love it all!!
May Fun Facts
Cinco de Mayo
National Teacher Day
National Physical Fitness and Sports Month
Asian American Heritage Month
Jewish American Heritage Month
Skin Cancer Awareness Month
National Bike Month
Symbols of May
- Birthstone: Emerald
- Flower: Lily of the Valley
- Zodiac signs: Taurus and Gemini
The month of May was named for the Greek goddess Maia. She was the goddess of fertility. The Romans had a similar goddess named Bona Dea. They held the festival for Bona Dea during the month of May.
The Romans called the month Maius. The name changed over the years. It was first called May in the 1400s near the end of the Middle Ages.
Are you celebrating your birthday this month? If so, email me at [email protected] with your full name, mailing address and your birthdate and I will send you a birthday card! ?
Stampin’ Up! is committed to making a difference in our global communities and caring about people first. As part of our Making a Difference program we’re offering a product giveback opportunity to support organizations that are helping COVID-19 frontline responders and communities vulnerable to the pandemic.
The Share Sunshine PDF Download is a digital stamp set that’s packed with both lighthearted and heartfelt sentiments and imagery relevant to the unique COVID-19 and social distancing situation we’re currently experiencing–including many ideas that came from you and your customers! You can use the download in your cardmaking and papercrafting projects. Simply print the imagery on cardstock and cut it out using our Paper Trimmer, punches, or dies. Since we are physically distanced from each other, now is a perfect time to share sunshine with our friends and family by sending cards!
Product: Share Sunshine PDF Download. Buy it HERE
As part of Stampin’ Up!’s Making a Difference program, 100% of the Share Sunshine PDF Download proceeds will go to COVID-19 efforts through these organizations:
1. The World Health Organization’s COVID-Solidarity Response Fund
2. United Way Worldwide’s COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund
Price: $12.00 USD
Dates: April 28 – June 2, 2020
Help us make a difference today!
May 2020: A Kit In Color by Paper Pumpkin
Paper Pumpkin is selling kits in record numbers and May subscriptions have sold out. What does this mean?
- Anyone who completed a new subscription or who was in active status before kits sold out will still receive a kit.
- Current subscribers can still log in and manage their accounts; however, they will NOT be able to add additional kits to their May subscription.
- Subscribers in canceled or suspended status will still be able to reactivate their subscription but will be activated for the JUNE subscription period; meaning they will not receive the May kit.
- New subscriptions (for June’s kit) will reopen on May 11, 2020. We appreciate your patience as we adjust to unprecedented numbers of new Paper Pumpkin subscribers.