Hi there! I hope you had a great weekend and Easter if you celebrate! It’s time for a new challenge over at Make My Monday. I’m sure you will love this one because the theme is “Spring Flowers.” I’m so excited to see my daffodils in bloom!! Even my willow tree has the beginnings of leaves – so early for us in Michigan. I just got the new Ornate Garden Suite of products this week so it just made sense to use it. I just love it! The dies are fantastic for anyone who loves intricate dies like I do. This suite will be in the new annual catalog but is available now (while supplies last)!
My Color Selection
My Secrets to Making This Ornate Garden Project
- This suite is wonderful! My A6 card started with Calypso Coral cardstock cut at 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″ (on the long side). Then, Whisper White cardstock, cut at 6″x4 1/4″ with the DSP, cut at 5 7/8″x4 1/8″ were adhered together and put onto the card base.
- The fun begins! I used stazon inks, first with the new saddle brown color but it didn’t go well with my card, so I stamped it again with black stazon over the brown.
- Once it was dry (be patient!), I colored the flowers on the back side with Stampin’ Blends. Once I was finished, I fussy cut the whole image.
- The Ornate Layers die cut both Blushing Bride and Whisper White cardstocks. I poked out the small detail pieces in the Whisper White but left them in Blushing Bride cardstock, then glued them together with a spray adhesive.
- Both the Whisper White and Blushing Bride oval pieces were found in my stash of cut shapes! Score!! So, all I had to do was stamp the sentiment from Perennial Birthday onto the WW oval, then I cut the scalloped oval out of Calypso Coral.
- The little flowers were cut from Whisper White and colored with Stampin’ Blends, then topped with the new Gilded Gems.
- The new ribbon was tied into a triple loop bow.
Product Spotlight: Ornate Garden Suite
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Inkspirational Challenge: Spring
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge: Birthday
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code JT7TZN2 when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: