We have a new challenge for you at Make My Monday. Meg is our host and she wants to see “Digi Stamps” on your projects. Wow, this one was a big challenge for me because I have such limited exposure to the digital stamping world. Luckily, My Favorite Things had this digital image as well as three others available! With the pandemic being at the forefront of all of our minds, this was an excellent opportunity to use it. I made this card for my husband so left it pretty simple. Since my husband has always resisted wearing the traditional white coat that the doctor image had, I chose this image instead. The Morning Star stamp set had great images to go along with this card front and also used High Tides for the sentiment inside.
My Color Selection
My Secrets to Making This Morning Star Project
- This A6 size card began with Smoky Slate cardstock, cut at 6 1/2″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- I printed the image PDF and began coloring the image with the Light Night of Navy, Ivory and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. Once I was satisfied, it was cropped out with the Stitched Rectangle dies.
- Next, I inked up the star stamp from Morning Star (soon to retire from the catalog) and cropped it out with the Stitched Star die. Then, I inked up the edge of the star with the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.
- To make the background, I cut Blueberry Bushel cardstock 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8.” Then, I ran it through the Brick & Mortar embossing folder. To get a little definition to the great texture, I ran the Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink pad across the cardstock. Oh, how I love this bit of shimmer!
- I stamped the “Thank you for being you” sentiment in Blueberry Bushel ink and cropped it out with the Ornate Frames die.
- I cut some stars and added them to the sentiment, then added the retired Metallic Enamel Shapes for a simple finishing touch to the card front.
- For the inside of the card, I ultimately chose the sentiment from High Tide. Once that was stamped in Blueberry Bushel ink, I stamped the line of stars strategically so that only three stars would stamp into the corner of the paper.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Di’s Digi Design Challenge: Dies and/or Punches
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
Before You Go!
Don’t forget that the retired products will be gone before you know it! If you are interested in seeing what is still available, click on this link to see what’s still available.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
- Use Host Code TZ6A4KDE when prompted with your order of $75 or more and receive my monthly Host Code Rewards!
- Don’t forget to order your necessities – adhesives, along with coordinating inks and papers!
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!
Click Links to: