It’s time for another great challenge over at Cardz 4 Galz! We have a theme that I know you will enjoy – “Birthday” hosted by Sue. I love making and sending out birthday cards! I love them so much that if you want me to send you one for your birthday, just let me know! My card for you today is using a wonderful stamp set that is retiring, Beautiful Promenade. It has coordinating dies that make it so easy to use.
More Photos of My Card
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card came together very quick and easy, with pretty layering and texture! After choosing Beautiful Promenade, I went through my pretty designer papers and chose Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Paper. The papers are so great, it was hard to choose which pattern! In the end, I decided to go with the pattern that looks like linen. What a great background!
- I cut Terracotta Tile cardstock (9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″) to make the card base, then Very Vanilla cardstock that went through the Layered Leaves embossing folder, which is sadly retiring this year. Then, this was adhered to the Pressed Petals patterned paper. This layer was adhered to the card base.
- Inking up the flower stamp twice, I then cut it out with the coordinating die. Next, I inked up the leaves and cut out both the stamped ones and the leaves dies as well.
- The pretty medallion background die was used to cut the linen DSP as well as Very Vanilla cardstock, and adhered them together. Once I adhered the medallion to the card base, the flowers and leaves were adhered.
- Now, onto the sentiment! I wanted a large sentiment and had to dig into my retired stamps to find one that was “just right.” Why, you ask? Because I really wanted to use the border stamp, of course! Isn’t that cool? Because the stamp is photopolymer, it was easy to line up in my Stamparatus. Once I stamped the border, it was easy to center the sentiment from Stitched All Around, another retiring stamp set. Then, it was layered onto Mossy Meadow cardstock and placed on top of the Mossy Meadow ribbon.
- The finishing touch was adding gold Faceted Gems to the centers of the flowers.
- I chose the sentiment from Birthday Blooms, inked it with Terracotta Tile, then cropped with the great new die from Ornate Layers. Then, I layered it onto the Linen DSP and adhered it to the card base. The little flowers were stamped in Crumb Cake and colored with the Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends marker. Gold Metallic Pearls were added to the flowers.
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BEAUTIFUL PROMENADE
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge: Female or Mom
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Celebrations
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Dies and/or Punches
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Say It with Flowers
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!