We are onto the next letter of our Alphabet Challenge – D is for Dry Embossing. I absolutely love to dry emboss on my cards because it adds wonderful texture. In the new Annual Catalog, the brand new Old World Paper embossing folder added just the vintage look I was looking for to make this Father’s Day card with the great Beautiful World bundle. Add some nautical touches and my husband will truly be happy with this card.
My Secrets for This Project:
- This A6 sized card started with Mossy Meadow cardstock, cut at 9″ and 6 1/4″ then scored at 4 1/2″
- Oh, how I love this new suite of products!! There was a little glitch at preorder time, so I wasn’t able to get the coordinating designer paper for Beautiful World. But, no worries! I just ordered the Memories & More cards instead. I chose the map design, ran it through the Old World Paper embossing folder for the background. Then, I cut the new Brass Foil sheets to layer underneath. This foil is going to be my new favorite!
- I made the decision to “weather” everything up with a light sponging, so I added some to the edges as well as across some of the textured areas of the embossed map paper.
- I inked up the lighthouse and sail boat (from Sailing Home) with Soft Suede ink and cropped them out with their coordinating dies. Then, the new sentiment in Beautiful World was inked in Mossy Meadow and cropped out with one of the stitched circle dies. These were also sponged lightly.
- The circle needed to be anchored onto something, right? I cut up more of the Memories & More cards. More sponging, of course! These were added to the map layer with adhesive.
Here’s the Little Details!
- Now, for the little details! The new Gold Hoops are fantastic and, to my surprise, look even better on the Brass Foil than Gold Foil! I tied two strands of linen thread, centered the hoop over the sentiment and secured the linen thread to the back. Once this was done, I was able to adhere all of my layers to the card base.
- Almost there! I wanted to add the cute little slider, so I threaded it with the Braided Burlap Trim, frayed the edges and secured it under the sentiment with glue dots.
- The Finishing Touch was adding the antiqued corners to the brass foil sheets with glue.
INSIDE: I cut more Brass Foil and Whisper White cardstock to fit inside the card. The sentiment from the retired Guy Greetings stamp set as well as the sail boat and seagulls were added for a simple design but one that my husband will truly love.
WORLD of GOOD
Preserve your worldwide adventures with travel patterns
and brass accents. The coordinating Memories & More
Card Pack makes memory keeping simple.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Creative Craft Cottage Challenge: Make It Masculine
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Men & Boys
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: