It’s time for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Our theme for the next two weeks is “Birds, Bees, and/or Butterflies.” You can play with one, two or all three! It was so hard to choose because I love adding a bit of “life” to my cards. In the end, I chose to use the Honey Bee stamp set and coordinating dies and paired it with Band Together stamp set and coordinating dies, which is carrying over to this year’s annual catalog!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This 5 1/2″ square card is the same style as the card I posted last Friday. I wanted to show you that it works with regular 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. The cardstock was cut at 5 1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2.” Then, I cropped off 3/4″ from each side.
- Inside, Basic Black cardstock, cut at 5 1/4″ square, layered with Golden Honey DSP, cut at 5 1/8″ square, were adhered.
- I cut Whisper White cardstock at 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ then ran it through the Scripty embossing folder for a little texture and adhered to the outside flap.
- Now, on to the fun part! I stamped the flowers stamp in Tuxedo Black ink using my Stamparatus, colored them with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Because I used my trusty Stamparatus, I was able to place it back in it, stamped it with VersaMark and Tuxedo Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
- The band die was just what I was looking for! I used it twice, once with black cardstock and again with Highland Heather. I carefully laid the Heather Highland on top of the Black one and poked the pieces into the holes of the black one. Then, it was adhered to the card front, cutting the die cut flaps to size.
- I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto Whisper White cardstock then cut it with the band die. The flowers were adhered around the band, with leaves cut from Vellum from the Band Details dies.
- Next, the bee was stamped and heat embossed with black ink and clear embossing powder. Then, I colored it lightly with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends.
- The finishing touch was just a couple of glitter dots.
- INSIDE: I forgot to photograph this but I didn’t add a sentiment so I could choose the perfect one for the person I’m sending it to.
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BAND TOGETHER BUNDLE
The Band Together Bundle includes the Band Together Cling Stamp Set and the Detailed Bands Dies.
Band Together Cling Stamp Set
This beautiful flower can’t wait to be stamped and handed over as a token of love!
* Quantity: 8 cling stamps (repositionable, premium rubber stamps)
Detailed Bands Dies
Create beautiful die-cut belly bands, labels, and leaves in record time using the Detailed Bands Dies.
* 10 dies
* Largest die: 5″ x 2-3/4″ (12.7 x 7 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- AAA Birthday Challenge: Things with Wings
- Animal Friends Challenge: Insects
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Celebrations
- Happy Little Stampers Challenge: Anything Goes with Dies
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: