It’s time for a fun, new challenge at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. We want you to “CASE Your Wardrobe.” Isn’t that a fun one for you? What will we see in your closet?? I love it! My card started with the pretty For the Love of Felt Project Kit and is sadly retiring and only available while supplies last! There is a coordinating stamp set but wasn’t used for this card. I chose to alter the kit with Shaded Spruce striped designer paper and bling to go with my pinks and earthy colors that you will find in my closet. 🙂
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- The For the Love of Felt Project Kit has some really great products! Since I prefer A6 size cards, I had to really think how to proceed. My decision was to add Shaded Spruce cardstock, layering it with the Regals 6×6 DSP in the same shade, then adding the kit’s embellishments.
- The card from the kit was cut to 5″x3 7/8″. Since the pretty floral design is on the front and back, I adhered it to the Shaded Spruce card base so you can see the back when open.
- Now, the fun part, I cut three wreaths from Painted Labels dies in Sahara Sand, Shaded Spruce and Whisper White. Playing with the order of the colors, the Whisper White made the most sense to be on top. I staggered the wreathes to each color would be seen. Before popping them up with dimensionals, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Shaded Spruce.
- I took the felt flowers and adhered them onto the wreath with glue dots, then added the leaves.
- A wreath always has a bow, right? The linen thread in the kit was the perfect choice to make a triple bow.
- The Finishing Touch was adding a few Shaded Spruce rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones.
- For the first sentiment on the inside, I stamped in Shaded Spruce then cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies. After that, I added leaves from the kit to the top and bottom.
- Then, I stamped the second sentiment and cut it with the new Tasteful Labels dies and adhered it to the left side to bring a little attention to the back side of the card as well as give a nice sized area for writing a message.
|Fun felt flowers and layers add texture and dimension to the cards you can make using the For the Love of Felt Project Kit. Makes 12 cards; folded card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (10.8 x 14 cm). Stamp set and ink sold separately. Complete using your choice of adhesive.|
12 card bases: 4 each of 3 designs
12 printed envelopes
Coordinating colors: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Lovely Lipstick, Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Shaded Spruce, white
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Feminine
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge: Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Challenge with Dies
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: