Make My Monday has a new theme challenge for you starting today. I know you will enjoy it as much as I did – “Tone on Tone Backgrounds” and hosted by Dawn. I had just blogged a pretty one on Friday but this theme lends itself to so many possibilities, that I don’t feel redundant at all. All I had to do was to go through my beautiful Stampin’ Up! designer papers. Bingo! I quickly found Mosaic Mood Speciality Designer Paper that I love but haven’t used nearly enough. My photos just can’t do it justice! Most all of the papers have gorgeous embossing on the designs. With just a little (ok, more than that) fussy cutting, this card had a pretty design and a sentiment from Good Morning Magnolia.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card really was easy to create. I cut the Garden Green cardstock to 9″x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2′ for the card base.
- The background DSP was cut and backed with Very Vanilla, then adhered to the card base.
- Watching my favorite shows, I fussy cut the rose, leaves and hummingbird.
- I wanted to anchor the hummingbird to the sentiment, which had been stamped in Soft Suede ink and cropped with the stitched circle die. The patterned piece was cut out and wrapped with linen thread, then I adhered it to the card base.
- The hummingbird was adhered to the circle die and the rose with leaves attached to the to the card base.
Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP is on SALE!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critters Crazies Challenge: Anything Goes with Critters
- All Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
- Scribbles Designs Challenge: Bird or Bunnies
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
Thanks for coming to my blog today! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me any time. Until next time, have fun in your craft room!Product List
- Stamp Sets: Good Morning Magnolia
- Papers: Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP, Garden Green, Very Vanilla
- Inks: Soft Suede
- Tools: Stitched Shapes dies,
- Accessories: Linen thread