We have a great new challenge for you at Sisterhood of Crafters, “Your Favorite Technique.” This was quite a challenge for me because I really don’t think about techniques when I create a card. I just do what I enjoy! So, in the end, I made a card that I enjoyed to figure out the techniques I like. 😀 It turns out I really like heat and dry embossing then coloring with my alcohol markers. Interesting! The stamp set I used here is a sneak peek from the new Annual Catalog called Tasteful Touches. It has beautiful images and great sentiments, too!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This simple fun fold card started with thick Whisper White cardstock, cut at 10 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ then scored at 6 1/4.” Then, I cut the front flap at 4.”
- Grapefruit Grove cardstock is one of the retiring in colors and I’m now sorry that I didn’t use it more! I used the cardstock to make layers for the front and inside: 4 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and 6″ x 4 1/4.”
- The front flap has Whisper White cardstock that was cut at 3 5/8″ x 4 1/8,” then dry embossed with the retiring Layering Leaves embossing folder.
- The inside flap has designer paper cut at 5 7/8″ x 4 1/8.” It is difficult to notice in the photo but I dry embossed it in the new Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- The floral image in Tasteful Touches was inked with VersaMark and Grapefruit Grove and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- The image was colored with Stampin’ Blends (listed in the Product List below) and fussy cut.
- Then, the sentiment was also heat embossed with Gray Granite in the same way as the flower. Afterwards, it was cropped out with the die from Stitched So Sweetly dies.
- The large oval die cut Gray Granite cardstock, which was then dry embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- Another new stamp set from the new catalog is Forever Fern, which will be one of my new favorites. I stamped three of the leaf images in Gray Granite and cropped them with their coordinating dies.
- For the inside flap, I thought one of the border dies from the Ornate Borders dies could look nice, so I cut one out from Gray Granite cardstock. Well, the flowers needed to be replaced so I sponged Whisper White cardstock and cut it with the flowers in Ornate Borders dies.
- To add a little life to the card, I heat embossed two butterflies in Gray Granite and fussy cut them out.
- The finishing touch was adding just a few gold glitter enamel dots to the flowers.
Great sentiments, beautiful images!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Butterflies
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Say It with Flowers
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: