Are you ready for a new challenge at Make My Monday? We really loved the new theme for you all today – Make a baby card. I’m sure you know someone who will be needing a card but if you don’t you probably will soon! That’s just life, right? I recently got the Wildly Happy stamp set after not being able to resist all of the adorable cards I saw using it. My card was so much fun to make and you can easily change the colors to be neutral or specific to the baby’s gender. We would love to see your creations in the gallery so take a look at the rest of the design team’s cards, then go play in your craft room!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- This cute baby card measures 5 3/4″ square and was really easy to make. I wanted to make a baby card that could displayed easily, so I made an easel display card. Easy peasy!
- The Whisper White card base is 11 1/2″ x 5 3/4″ and scored at 5 3/4.” You can certainly make this card larger or smaller, but I went with this size so it would fit into a 6″ square envelope that I keep in my envelope stash.
- The Blushing Bride cardstock is 5 1/8″ square and layered with the Smoky Slate DSP, cut at 5″ square, and ran through my die cutting machine in the Subtle embossing folder.
- I used Blushing Bride DSP, cut at 5″ x 2,” then adhered it to the card base.
- The easel was easily made with a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was cut at 5 3/4″ x 2″ then scored at 1/2,” 1,” and 1 1/2.” I used a strong adhesive at the bottom of the card to attach it. You can make the base wider by changing the width if you prefer it.
- The elephant image was stamped in black ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cut it out with the great stitched scallop rectangle die and layered it onto Blushing Bridge cardstock.
- I had to root through my retired stamps to find just the right sentiments to go with the elephants but I knew I found it when I saw them in First Steps! They were stamped in Smoky Slate ink and cropped out with the dies.
- The finishing touch was adding the sweet bow and metallic pearls.
Back of the Card
- Using the measurements for the layers on the front of the card, I adhered those to the card base.
- I stamped the sentiments in Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate, then thought the card needed a little something else. The new Many Medallions dies had the perfect one! I cut out two strips in Blushing Bride cardstock and snipped them to fit in the corners.
- All products used are listed at the end of my post, in case you want to find out more!
Aw, how cute are these parent and kid animals? Don’t you just want to hug them all? You can, because they all come together in our Wildly Happy Stamp Set! Quantity: 9 cling stamps
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge: Anything with a Critter
- Allsorts Challenge: Ginghams, Stripes and Dots
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything with a Sentiment
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Animals & Birds
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: