Welcome to another challenge at Make My Monday! It’s such a great theme – “Summer Activities.” I’m sure you have someone to make a card for on your list that would love this! I am getting into our family’s birthday season so this one will be for my DH who, as I have stated many times before, loves anything related to water. So, it is certainly a major part of all of our summer activities. This card came together very easily, using By the Dock stamp set. I have used it for another masculine card, which you can see HERE. The new Tasteful Textile embossing folder added the perfect detail to this masculine card. Love it!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- My A6 card today is quite clean and simple from my normal, I think, but I really like how it turned out. I cut the card base from Gray Granite cardstock, then proceeded to the fun part.
- First, I stamped, colored (Stampin’ Blends below) and cropped the dock and boat with their coordinating dies. Easy!
- For the background, I used my brayer to color Balmy Blue cardstock to look like water at sunset, using Balmy Blue for the sky portion and Pacific Point for the water and a stripe of Blushing Bride where they met.
- Whisper White cardstock was dry embossed in the new Tasteful Textile embossing folder after cutting the oval out of the middle. This layer was adhered to the water layer, then both were adhered to a layer of Basic Gray cardstock.
- The dock was popped up with dimensionals with the boat adhered directly to the card base.
- For the sentiment, I stamped it onto WW cardstock and cropped it with the Ornate Frames die.
- The two oars were cut from Basic Gray cardstock. Then I tied linen thread to the oar and adhered the thread to the sentiment. I adhered the oar to the card base and popped up the sentiment with dimensionals.
- I wanted just one more bird so I stamped it and cut it out with its coordinating die.
The By the Dock Stamp Set includes outdoor, lakeside images you can use to create scrapbooks and greeting cards. The variety of greetings means you can use it for many occasions. This stamp set has coordinating dies and is also available in French.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cut It Up Challenge: Boys Will Be Boys
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Masculine
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Masculine/Father’s Day
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: