Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our theme is the “new 2020-2022 In Colors.” The Design Team is showcasing the new family of In Colors from the new catalog. We know you will love them as much as we do! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. These new In Colors are great additions to our color families. I hadn’t used the Cinnamon Cider yet, which happens to be my favorite. I decided to start with that one and see where it took me. Birds & Branches is such a cute bundle and that nest actually spoke to me! LOL My card is for Father’s Day, only a week away, but it would be perfect for another special occasion.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- This A6 horizontal easel card went together pretty easily, once I got started. 😉 The dimensions are 6″ x 9″ for the card base, scored at 2 1/4 and 4 1/2 on the 9″ side.”
- The card front is Very Vanilla cardstock, cut at 4 1/2 x 6.” I cut the Cinnamon Cider cardstock at 5 3/4″ x 4 1/4.” Then, it was dry embossed with the Bricks & Mortar embossing folder, and lightly sponged with Cinnamon Cider ink to accentuate the embossing a bit.
- The pretty circle die was used to cut through the Misty Moonlight and Very Vanilla cardstocks. Then, the VV layer was run through the die cutting machine with the Stitched Rectangle die and layered onto the Misty Moonlight cardstock, after it was embossing in the Tasteful Textile embossing folder for a little textured detail. This panel was popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- I stamped the birds with the Misty Moonlight ink, and colored them in with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends marker. Then, I cut them out with the coordinating die.
- Using Cinnamon Cider ink, I stamped the nest and cut it out, as well as the branches, which I colored with the Just Jade Stampin’ Blends marker.
- I decided that there needed to be more foliage, so I grabbed Forever Fern and inked up some of the leaves stamps in Crumb Cake and cut them out with their coordinating dies.
- I inked up the Happy Father’s Day from Best Year (such a great new sentiment stamp set) in Misty Moonlight ink and cut it into a banner.
- The finishing touch on the front was adding the new In Color enamel dots to the branches.
Inside of the Card
- I cut a panel of Just Jade with the border from Birds & More and trimmer it to fit the inside of the card (5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ plus the border). then layered with Very Vanilla (5 1/2 x 3 1/2″).
- The sentiment from Best Year stamp set was inked up with Misty Moonlight and cut with the Tasteful Labels dies, then used Misty Moonlight cardstock to cut with the larger die to layer underneath. Two enamel dots flanked the sentiment on both ends.
The Birds & Branches Bundle includes the Birds & Branches Stamp Set and the Birds & More Dies.
BIRDS & BRANCHES PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Birds, branches, eggs, and nest images coordinate with Birds & More Dies to help you create Mother’s Day, friend, or all-occasion projects.
*19 photopolymer stamps
BIRDS & MORE DIES
Create custom die-cut birds, flowers, and nature scenes using the Birds & More Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating Birds & Branches Stamp Set for more creative options.
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for July 8th – Gifts from the Garden when the design team will showcase cards or gift ideas from treasures found in the garden.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
LIMITED-TIME PROMOTION: PICK A FREE BUNDLE STARTER KIT PROMOTION
Bundle up with Stampin’ Up! For a limited time, when you become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you can choose any stamp and tool bundle from the new 2020–2021 Annual Catalog for FREE.
CREATE YOUR STARTER KIT
Can sharing creativity really be a job? Yes! And you can begin right away. Starter Kits are a great value at $99 for $125 worth of products, and we throw in business supplies and free shipping as an added bonus. (You’ll think your birthday came early when your Starter Kit arrives!) So don’t wait. Talk to your demonstrator, or click the JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! button to get started today!
Click the JOIN STAMPIN’ UP! button below and become a demonstrator today!
STAMPIN’ REWARDS PROMOTION!
Promotion Dates: 3–30 June 2020
- Customer and online order types qualify for this promotion.
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion.
- Paper Pumpkin prepaid subscriptions count toward a qualifying purchase. Month-to-month subscriptions do not qualify for this promotion.
- The qualifying amount must be reached with merchandise prior to shipping and tax.
- Additional Stampin’ Rewards for this promotion will only be awarded once per order.
- Phone: 30 June 2020; 6:50 PM (MT)
- OEX/Online: 30 June 2020; 11:50 PM (MT)
|MARKET||QUALIFYING AMOUNT||ADDITIONAL STAMPIN’ REWARDS|
This is a WOW card. I love the 3D look of the nest and bird. Anyone would treasure this card!
This is definitely a display card. Love the bird nest.
Great card! Cinnamon Cider is perfect for the brick wall.
I see you like the bird stamp too. I love your take on it. The inside is nicely finished.
Love seeing how you put your own stamp on the new In Colors! How did I guess it would be a bird beauty?!! Such a fun Father’s Day card friend-great detail work here!
I love the birds! Great card, Debbie!
Really pretty card. Love that it is an easel. I might try that on the next card I make. Thanks.
Great card for so many occasions, Debbie. Your directions are so thorough…thank you
GORGEOUS!!!! but not just for F.D
Great showcase of the new colors and a beautiful sentiment for Father’s Day.
I love your ideas and creativity!
Another gorgeous card! Love the birds with the InColors! And so fitting for Father’s Day!
Great Job Debbie!
Which secret am I going to try? Ordering the bundle! Love all the layers and textures of your card!
Great card. The additional foliage was a great idea!
What a sweet card Debbie. I really love all of the details and layers. Beautiful!
Love the card. I am thinking of getting this set.
I really like this card! Actually I like most all of your cards. Keep on keeping on!
Oh my gosh, you’ve created the perfect father’s day card for my dad. He’s always loved birds and he’s bred canaries all of his life. My grandad did the same before him. He always takes his binoculars to watch the birds when he goes out for a walk. He can’t go so far now with his Parkinson’s disease but he’s never lost his love of birds. Thanks for the inspiration Debbie. Love Dawn x