We welcome all of you to our next challenge at the Alphabet Challenge – F is for Flora or Fauna. That’s such a wide net for your entries so I am sure you all will love this one! I love this new bundle from Stampin’ Up! so had to give it a go. Blossoms in Bloom is one of the prettiest floral stamp sets and the coordinating dies make it so versatile. This card was made while I was having fun with our new In Colors, so it’s a fun, bright card.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This center step fun fold card measures 5 1/2″ square. You can follow this Splitcoaststampers tutorial for easy, step-by-step directions.
- I made the card base with Misty Moonlight cardstock, , then cut out pieces of Bumblebee cardstock and dry embossed them with the new Meadow Moments mini embossing folder. The new Misty Moonlight ribbon was wrapped around the bottom piece of Bumblebee cardstock before adhering all of the pieces of the card base together.
- I really love the new Blossoms in Bloom bundle and know you will as well! Using Night of Navy cardstock, I cut out the floral outline with the die. Then, with the new Rainbow Glimmer Paper, I cut out the flowers very carefully to keep the pieces together. The outline was glued on top of the other piece then adhered with glue to the card base.
- The sentiment was stamped and cut with the Tasteful Labels, layered onto Night of Navy oval that was also embossed with the Meadow Moments EF. These were layered onto Misty Moonlight cardstock that had been cut with the Tasteful Labels die. After being adhered together, they were popped up with dimensionals.
- Cutting the little leaves with the glimmer paper, I adhered them and topped with enamel dots.
- The Happy Birthday to You was stamped and fussy cut, then popped up with dimensionals over the ribbon. The little border from Many Medallions was trimmed and glued down to the ribbon and topped with enamel dots.
- Lastly, I decided it needed a little life so I cut out a butterfly with glimmer paper, added a few enamel dots and popped it up next to the sentiment.
Back of the Card
- I cut the back panel in Bumblebee cardstock and ran it through the the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.
- The sentiment was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink and cropped out. It was layered onto Misty Moonlight cardstock and adhered to the card base.
- The finishing touch was adding more glimmer leaves and enamel dots.
The Blossoms in Bloom Bundle includes the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set and the Many Layered Blossoms Dies.
BLOSSOMS IN BLOOM PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Create depth with watercolor-look images you stamp with the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set, then cut them out using the Many Layered Blossoms Dies.
*17 photopolymer stamps
MANY LAYERED BLOSSOMS DIES
Create and add layered flowers to your projects using the Birds & More Dies and the Blossoms in Bloom Stamp Set.
*Largest die: 5″ x 4-3/8″ (12.7 x 11.1 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge: Things with wings
- Daisy Chain Challenge: Flowers
- Happy Little Stampers with Dies Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: