We have a new challenge at Make My Monday and I am the host! I chose a “Stencils” theme because I tend to forget about mine and it was time to get them out to play. In fact, I will be using them in both of my posts this week so be sure to come back on Wednesday to see my second one. For my card today, I wanted a subtle, vintage background for the new Prized Peony bundle in the new catalog. Love it!! This bundle reminds me of the peonies I had in the house I owned many years ago. The flowers don’t stay around long, but aren’t they gorgeous! This stamp set bundle is perfect for any and all occasions!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card started by choosing the stencil and Basic Gray ink color. Very Vanilla cardstock was taped down, then the stencil taped down over it so I could get good, crisp edges from the stencil. Then, I ran it through the Tasteful Textile embossing folder for a subtle textured detail.
- Once that was done, I stamped the peony and colored it with the dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends marker and cropped it out with its coordinating die.
- I wanted the background to be just as pretty as the flower so I went with the beautiful, ornate frame! Love it!!
- The pretty border piece was cut with basic gray cardstock, then Petal Pink ribbon was cut and folded over before adding the sentiment from Good Morning Magnolia, which was inked in Basic Gray and cut out with the Stitched So Sweetly rectangle die.
- Then, Champagne rhinestones were added for just the right amount of sparkle.
The Prized Peony Bundle includes the Prized Peony Stamp Set and the Peony Dies.
PRIZED PEONY CLING STAMP SET
Give your projects a graceful touch with the Prized Peony Stamp Set. The friendship-based greetings will convey your warm wishes.
*10 cling stamps
Create custom die-cut peonies using the Peony Dies. Pair with the coordinating Prized Peony Stamp set to quickly cut out stamped images.
*Largest die: 3-1/4″ x 3-11/16″ (8.3 x 9.4 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Penny Black & More Challenge: Favorite Stamps (this is definitely my favorite stamp set in the new catalog!)
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: