It’s time for a new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz and I am the host for the “More Than One Score” theme. I enjoy making fun/fancy fold cards and hope you do, too. If you haven’t tried it before, now is the time! I hadn’t made a side step card in such a long time, so I wanted to make one as a wedding card, using Forever Fern (brand new in the catalog), Last a Lifetime, and Silhouette Scenes. With weddings being canceled during this pandemic – but not marriages – I thought a nontraditional card would be best.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This side step fold card is made easily with just a few scores and an extra cut. Here is a great tutorial from Splitcoaststampers for you to use.
- Once I cut out the card base and burnished the scores well, I was able to cut and beautiful new designer paper called Forever Greenery. This paper will be one to stock up on, for sure!!
- Once the paper was cut and adhered, I began the process of adding my images. The couple was heat embossed with Shaded Spruce ink and clear embossing powder. (I actually did it twice so I could give them some dimension.) Then, the image was fussy cut and popped up on a layered panel of Whisper White and Shaded Spruce.
- The sentiment was stamped in Shaded Spruce and cut out with a Stitched Rectangle die.
- I cut the “forever” die three time for dimension in white, Just Jade and Shaded Spruce and glued them together.
- The pretty new ribbon was wrapped and tied into a bow. This is where I decided to add some of the leaves from the stamp set, so I stamped and cut them out.
Back of Card
For the back of the card (which substitutes as the inside, of course!), I simply stamped the sentiment and leaves then mounted to the card base. The flower was one that was left over from another card so I added it as well.
|Forever Greenery Suite Collection|
|The Forever Greenery Suite Collection by Stampin’ Up! features watercolor patterns and images in a glorious array of green hues. This suite collection is also available in French, German, and Dutch.|
The Forever Greenery Suite Collection includes
Forever Fern Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper
Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper
Gold Hoops Embellishments
Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack
Greenery Embossing Folders
Forever Flourishing Dies (10% off)
Product colors: Garden Green, Just Jade, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Wedding
- Everybody Art Challenge: Wedding
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge: Cut It Out!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: