Welcome to the next challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters! It’s June and you know what that (normally) means – weddings! This pandemic has certainly curtailed these events but I still know people getting married. A special card can almost make up for the lack of a celebration, at least in my humble opinion! That’s why I chose to make one in my favorite easel cards. Why is it my favorite? Well, people who aren’t into making cards can figure out how to stand it up! I wanted to use one of my favorite stamp sets for the sentiment, So Sentimental. The cake was from Sale-A-Bration this year and had coordinating dies – gotta love that!
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- This A6 card started with cutting Whisper White 12×12 cardstock at 4 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6.” A second card base used Misty Moonlight cardstock (one of our new In Colors), cut at 4 1/4″ and 11 1/2.” Then, it was scored at 5 3/4″ and 8 5/8.” These two card bases were adhered together.
- Now, the fun part! I used a Stampin’ Brayer on the designer paper from Ornate Garden to add Seaside Spray ink over the gold pattern. Make sure to give it a good wipe to make sure the ink is removed from the gold designs.
- Then, it was cut at 4 1/16″ x 5 1/2″ and another piece at 4 1/16″ x 2 11/16.” These pieces were adhered to the card base.
- The sentiment was stamped with versamark and Night of Navy (the Misty Moonlight wasn’t available yet but I like how the Navy looks) and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, it was cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- The wedding card was stamped with versamark and Seaside Spray and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, I colored it with Stampin’ Blends (listed in the Product List below). SECRET: Once you’ve finished coloring with alcohol markers, you can “freshen” the embossing just by reheating it up! Good as new!!
- I cut the cake stand from gold foil sheet. I cut off the stamp’s cake stand then layered the gold one over the cake.
- Gold Shimmer Ribbon was wrapped over the bottom panel and a little double bow was made and adhered. Gold Gilded Gems were added to the flowers and sentiment.
Inside of the card was simply made, using the sentiment (inked with Night of Navy) from Paths to Petals and layered onto the coordinating Petals die. Then, the bride stamp was inked with Seaside Spray.
|So Sentimental Bundle|
|Item #153828 Price: $48.50|
|SO SENTIMENTAL CLING STAMP SET|
Create tags, labels, and more with the phrases in the So Sentimental Stamp Set. These greetings are suitable for so many occasions—celebrating birthdays, welcoming new babies, saying “thank you.”
* 11 cling stamps
STITCHED SO SWEETLY DIES
Create frames and tags of various shapes and sizes using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. Pair the dies with the coordinating So Sentimental Stamp Set to quickly cut out sentiments for your handmade cards, tags, and more.
* 10 dies
* Largest die: 4-1/8″ x 3″ (10.5 x 7.6 cm)
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: Wedding
- Love to Craft Challenge: Anything Goes
- More Than One Score Challenge: Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: