Hello! We are ready for another fun challenge at Make My Monday! Show us your “Stars and/or Stripes” in your projects. I had lots of fun making this card from some brand new products. You may have noticed that I am really enjoying making square cards lately. They give so much more room for creativity! The main suite I used is called Playful Pets and it’s perfect for anyone! I really wanted to try the Playful Alphabets dies and the Playing with Patterns paper. This card would be a great birthday card but the “Happy Day” could be any fun occasion, right? All Stampin’ Up! products have links at the bottom of my post, in case you would like to see them up close.
MY SECRETS TO MAKING THIS PROJECT
- My first step to making this 6″ square card was to choose the “stripes” and “stars” I wanted to use. The rest of the card just came together from there. The new 6″ x 6″ Playing With Patterns designer paper had so many striped patterns that it was hard to choose! This paper pack is great but I chose one that gave me the color scheme I wanted to use.
- I cut out “HAPPY DAY” in Coastal Cabana cardstock and Silver Foil as well as the Adhesive Foam Sheets, then backed them onto 1″ squares.
- Then, I cut out the star banners, which I thought fit the challenge perfectly. This die is from Gina Marie Designs but they appear to now to sold out.
- The balloons were punched, then I decided a square frame would be nice to anchor everything onto so cut that from Silver Foil with the Vintage Stitched Squares by Spellbinders.
- Everything was adhered to the card but something was missing – ah, yes! It still needed some “life”! So, I cropped out the cute terrier from the Playful Pets DSP. Of course, what dog doesn’t have a little ball nearby so I found just the right one in my stash.
- The inside of my card is basically the items that I cut out while experimenting on the front with a sentiment from Best Year.
Playing With Patterns Suite.
This explosion of party imagery in the Playing with Patterns Suite Collection by Stampin’ Up! will make all your projects a celebration. You can embellish with hearts, stripes, confetti and more.
The Playing with Patterns Suite Collection includes
* Pattern Play Photopolymer Stamp Set (10% off)
+ Playing with Patterns 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper
* Playing with Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack
+ Mini Paper Pumpkin Boxes
* Playing with Patterns Resin Dots
+ Playful Alphabet Dies (10% off) Product colors: Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Purple Posy, Whisper White
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Sweet Stampers Challenge: Something beginning with B (Balloons)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Craft Rocket Challenge: For Men/Boys
- The Paper Girls Challenge: Stars and Stripes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: