Hello and welcome to the next challenge at Cardz 4 Galz! It’s a great one for summer – “Seashells.” I love shells and have a huge collection of them from all of our vacations plus living in Florida for a number of years. I don’t know why I keep them now and don’t dare pick one more up! That’s the life of a pack rat, I guess. And, speaking of collecting stuff, I had lots of stamps to choose from for this challenge. The biggest problem was choosing which one to use. I used By the Seashore for the shells and So Many Shells for the sentiment.
My Secrets for This Project:
- The finished size of this card is 5 1/2″ square.
- I cut the Blushing Bride cardstock at 5″ on all sides, then added Seaside Spray on top, cut at 4 7/8.”
- After choosing the By the Seashore and So Many Shells stamps, I went through the retired Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack. That’s where I found the laser cut background as well as the lighthouse. The background was trimmed to fit onto the Seaside Spray after I sprayed it with adhesive.
- I couldn’t resist using the new die in the Freezin’ Fun bundle from the new August-December (holiday) catalog! The two “dunes” were cut, stamped with a sand stamp from Seaside Notions in Crumb Cake ink.
- Since there’s always tall grass close to the beach, I went on the hunt for one and found two. The one in the retired Basket Bunch bundle worked best so I cut it with Crumb Cake cardstock.
- I fussy cut the lighthouse out from one of the Memories & More cards.
- Then, the shells were stamped, colored with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below) and sponged Seaside Spray ink onto the Sea Star.
- Finally, the sentiment from So Many Shells was stamped, cut with a square die, backed with black and Blushing Bride cardstocks. Then, it was popped up with dimensionals.
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge: No Patterned Paper
- Double D Challenges: Let’s Go to the Beach
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Summertime
- Use Your Stuff Challenge: Summer Fun
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: