It’s a fun and easy challenge for you at the Sisterhood of Crafters! All you have to do is “ink it up” on your card or project!! I decided to show you some ways to use your ink to make them even more useful. I really love the beautiful flower in Healing Hugs and needed a get well card. Keep reading below to see how I made this card and, if you see any products you want to more about, the product list is at the bottom of the post.
My secrets to making this project
- This A6 card measures 6″ x 4 1/4″ from Misty Moonlight 12″x12″ cardstock. Then, I cut the designer paper and Soft Sea Foam cardstock to layer on top.
- First ink technique: Do you like to heat emboss? I do!! Instead of stocking up on embossing powder, ink up your stamp with VersaMark then apply your ink right on top of it with your ink pad. Stamp onto your cardstock, then use a clear embossing powder to heat set. Easy!! I did this technique with the flower, leaves and sentiment. Then, the flower and leaves were fussy cut.
- Second ink technique: Before adhering the DSP, flower and leaves to the card base, I sponged all of the edges with ink, which really gives a wonderful finished look.
- Third ink technique: Want a matching ribbon? All I had to do was take the matching Stampin’ Blends alcohol marker to the ribbon for the perfect accessory. You can also color rhinestones or pearls with them! Another method is mixing reinker and water before soaking your ribbon (or even bakers twine), then allow to dry.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time to Craft Challenge: #119
- A Place to Start Challenge: Flowers
- The Flower Challenge: Summer/Winter
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: