Are you ready for the new challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters? I am back to making nautical cards with the theme “Beach/Ocean” with Diane as our Sistah Host. This was the perfect opportunity for me to bring out the Whale Done bundle that’s in the new annual catalog. I love whales! Seeing them “up close” on my two trips to Hawaii will always be my most favorite memories and would jump at the chance to do it again someday.
My secrets to making this project
- This 6″ square card started with a Pretty Peacock 12″ x 12″ cardstock, cut at 6″ and scored at 6.”
- The Balmy Blue cardstock, cut at 5 1/2″, and the patterned designer paper from Whale of a Time 6″ pack, cut at 5 1/4″, were adhered together then to the card base.
- I picked out two more patterns, cut them to 2″ and 2 1/4″ x 5″ and adhered them to the card base.
- The whales are straight from the DSP pack! I took the sheet and pushed out all of the whales that I could. The small one was fussy cut out. Then, I layered the large whales together with dimensionals.. One is three layers, the other is two layers and the little whale is only one. Once that was done, I adhered them to the card base.
- The sentiments were stamped onto Balmy Blue cardstock and cropped out. Tools are shown below.
- The final touch was adding the Flowers for Every Season gems to look like water bubbles.
The inside was easily done with more designer paper, same size as the front, and adding Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the seaweed and jellyfish. Then, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out then popped it up with dimensionals.
WHALE DONE PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
Let your favorite friends know that they’re kind of a big deal with this seaworthy stamp set. Greetings include love, friendship, and birthday.
* 15 photopolymer stamps
WHALE BUILDER PUNCH
Use this punch to create adorable, detailed whale shapes. Use punched images separately or layer for beautiful coordination.
* Largest punched image: 2-1/4 x 1-5/8″ (5.7 x 4.1 cm)
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Papercraft Challenge: Ocean/Water
- Animal Friends Challenge: Fish, Whales, Dolphins
- Crafty Friends Challenge: Birthday
- Artsy Stamper Challenge: Birthday
- Crafting Happiness Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: