We are ready to show you some great cards for the Alphabet Challenge with the theme “K is for Kraft.” I recently found some Kraft cardstock buried amongst some retired design papers. You just never know what you find in your craft room organization! Since this cardstock was 12″x12″ it was not a far leap for me to decide to make an easel card. And, because they seem to be all the rage right now, I gave the Slimline dimensions a go, using the new Autumn Goodness stamp set and coordinating dies. Did you know that slimline cards will fit in the standard letter size envelope? Love that!
My Secrets for This Project:
- The Kraft cardstock was cut to 8 1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 4″ and 8.”
- I began stamping and heat embossing with Early Espresso ink and clear embossing powder the trees from Winter Woods stamp set for the background.
- The fence was cut out (2 pieces) from Very Vanilla cardstock, along with the wheelbarrow from Early Espresso cardstock. Can you see the wonderful detail on it?
- Then, I stamped the two images – floral and produce – and colored them with Stampin’ Blends (listed below). Once I was satisfied, they were cropped out with their coordinating dies.
- To balance out the long slimline style, I decided to stamp the evergreen tree from Winter Woods in Garden Green ink and crop it out with its coordinating die.
- I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Goodness in Early Espresso ink and cropped it out with my retired Washi Punch.
- When unfolded, the easel card has three panels that are perfect for stamping! I left them pretty simple. The first and third are covered with designer paper and the middle one has Very Vanilla cardstock layered onto Bronze Brushed Metallic cardstock.
- Then, I cut three leaves from the Stitched Leaves die collection from Brushed Metallic cardstock. I stamped all three sentiments and cut two with the Stitched Nested Labels dies. The maple leaf covers a little imperfection on the top corner of my middle panel, which happened after I adhered it to the card! (Mistakes are only an opportunity to embellish!)
- Finally, I popped up the bottom leaf with dimensionals to act as the easel card “holder.”
AUTUMN GOODNESS BUNDLE
AUTUMN GOODNESS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET
The Autumn Goodness Stamp Set is perfect to express gratitude, and share love and nature-inspired messages.
* 10 photopolymer stamps
* Suggested clear blocks (sold separately): a, b, d
AUTUMN WHEELBARROW DIES
Create custom die-cut Autumn and nature elements such as a wheelbarrow, pumpkins, leaves, and more to add beauty to your handmade cards, scrapbooks, journals, and other paper crafts using the Autumn Wheelbarrow Dies. Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 9 dies
* Largest die: 4-5/16” x 1-7/16”
I am playing along with the following challenges:
- Stamping Sensations Challenge: Make It Masculine
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
- Inspire.Create Challenge: Garden
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge: Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments Challenge: Anything Goes + a Sentiment
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And give me your contact information to send you a birthday card!
- NEW! Buy my cards and products on Etsy!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: