It’s time for another challenge over at Sisterhood of Crafters and I get to be the host! I chose the theme of “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” I want your sentiment to be the star of your card. Large sentiments are so great to work with and was exactly what I was looking for when planning my card. Country Home had just the sentiment I was looking for and I hadn’t used it in quite a while.
My secrets to making this project
- This 6″ square card was super quick to make, all while watching my favorite TV show, so you know it was easy!
- My first decision was to pick the Gilded Autumn DSP, which is the prettiest designer paper in the new mini catalog!
- Card Base: Early Espresso 12×12 cardstock, cut at 6″x12″ and scored at 6.”
- I cut the Cajun Craze DSP that has gorgeous foil in its pattern to 5 1/2″ square and layered it onto Very Vanilla cardstock, which helped lighten the card up a bit.
- More DSP was cut to 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ and layered onto Brushed Metallic cardstock.
- The center panel was cut so that it was 4″ square. Mint Macaron 4″ square and DSP 3 3/4″ square.
- The sentiment was stamped in Early Espresso and cut with the large die from Hippo & Friends dies.
- Before adhering everything to the card base, I cut the Mint Macaron ribbon and adhered to the first panel. Then, the Metallic ribbon was wrapped and tied into a bow with the adorable acorn. The ribbon was quite easy to curl using my bone folder.
- The finishing touch was adding the fun Rose Gold embellishments, which is part of the retired Everything is Rosy Product Medley kit.
COUNTRY HOME STAMP SET
A beautiful fall in the countryside. Dried flowers, rustic jugs—just the setting to sit still for a moment and be grateful. This stamp set is also available in French.
* 14 photopolymer stamps
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- All Fun Challenges: Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge: Anything Goes
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge: Pile It On
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget: